How to manually failover an SQL Server database mirroring session?
How to manual failover mirrored SQL Server databases using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) in SQL Server 2017+. This can only be initiated from the principal server, and the mirrored database must be synchronized (that is, when the database is in the SYNCHRONIZED state). In this article I’ll show you how to force a failover.Read more
A connection string is sometimes a bit obscure. Do I need ODBC or OLE DB? When you need one and Google for it, you often find old ones that either don’t work at all anymore, or are not optimal. This article provides you with a couple of ASP.NET to SQL Server connection string examples, and as a bonus for ASP to MySQL too.Read more
Compressed SQL Server backups can be verified in PowerShell using a handy PowerShell function. This comes in handy when you need to verify if existing SQL Server backups are compressed.Read more
In this article I’ll show you how to install the Microsoft SQL Server Driver for PHP 7+. This makes the use of an SQL Server database back-end for your PHP website easy. If you want to communicatie with SQL Server using PHP you need to rely on some additional software and PHP extensions. This post walks you through the steps necessary to install the SQL Server driver and SQLSRV extension for PHP 7+, on Windows Server IIS of course.Read more
How to Identify Your SQL Server version and edition.
An unofficial build chart lists all of the known SQL Server Service Packs (SP), Cumulative Updates (CU), patches, hotfixes and other builds of MS SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2000, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 that have been released.
Configure Umbraco for SQLServer sessionState storage, for your sessions. This post explains how to prepare your Umbraco website for a high performance web garden or web farm, and load balancing environments: Store your ASP.NET / Umbraco sessions out-of-process (OutProc). As opposed to the default in-process (inProc) sessions, where sessions are saved in the worker process.Read more
Connect to SQL Server Compacy (SqlCe) database with ASP. Here is how to install the
Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.4.0 Provider and use classic ASP to connect to an SqlCe (SQL Server Compact) database sdf file, as a Microsoft Access database replacement. For Windows Server IIS. SQL Server Compact (SqlCe), the embedded database engine, is the default database for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and WebMatrix 3. This means, it’s recommended to use SqlCe over Access nowadays.
Connect to an SQL Server database with PHP 5.3+ using the SQLSRV API and
sqlsrv_connect. As of PHP 5.3.2 you have to use the SQLSRV API functions to connect to an MS SQL Server database from PHP. For example, use
sqlsrv_connect() to create a connection resource and open a connection. The main difference with the older mssql functions of PHP is that SQLSRV requires an Array() with connection information, instead of strings.
If you forgot your Umbraco admin password, use the following SQL query to reset your Umbraco admin password in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) or MySQL…Read more
25 Most Popular Tags
Proudly hosted by
Email: email@example.com (remove no-spam)
15 Most popular entry posts you might like
- List all SPNs used in your Active Directory
- Remove IIS Server version HTTP Response Header
- PowerShell return value, exit code, or ErrorLevel equivalent
- Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) slows down outbound connections
- 5 Extra ways to clean up disk space in Windows Server
- Disk Cleanup in Windows Server
- Tunnel RDP through SSH & PuTTY
- WsusPool keeps crashing: stops again and again
- HTTP to HTTPS redirect using IIS web.config
- Fatal error: Uncaught Error:  operator not supported for strings – PHP 7.1
- MySQL InnoDB performance improvement: InnoDB buffer pool instances – Updated!
- "The length of the URL for this request exceeds the configured maxUrlLength value"
- Fix "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" error
- How to install IIS URL Rewrite Module on Windows Server 2016 & IIS 10
- Set IIS Application Pool recycle defaults to Specific Times, not Regular Time Interval