Sometimes you find your WSUS server keeps crashing over and over again. WSUS is unavailable and/or the WSUS management console hangs. When you start to investigate as to why Windows Server Update Services crashes, you’ll notice the following error message being logged in the HTTPErr log files:Read more
AppCmd command is your one-stop-shop for administering Windows Server IIS web servers. In combination with WinRM it’s your Swiss Army knife for your daily routine. This post introduces appcmd and provides you with a lot of helpful appcmd examples.
By default, an IIS application pool (or “AppPool”) recycles on a regular time interval of 1740 minutes, or 29 hours. One reason for this time interval is that application pools don’t recycle at the same moment every day (every day at 07.00 for example). However, sometimes you want to change this regular time interval to a specific time schedule. And when you try to configure this in IIS Manager, it gives you an error. Luckily, AppCmd and PowerShell come to the rescue!Read more
Start stopped application pools with AppCmd in a loop. In my routine, I occasionally have to start multiple website application pools when they are in a stopped state. On more than one web server. Being a lazy system administrator, I find it too much work to log on every server. Therefore I start those application pools in a loop. A condition for me to start application pools is that the application pool autostart parameter is set to true. This is because I set autostart to false when I disable hacked websites, and those application pools may not be started until all problems are resolved of course. To start application pools, I use the AppCmd command.Read more
25 Most Popular Tags
Proudly hosted by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (remove no-spam)
15 Most popular entry posts you might like
- List all SPNs used in your Active Directory
- Remove IIS Server version HTTP Response Header
- PowerShell return value, exit code, or ErrorLevel equivalent
- Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) slows down outbound connections
- 5 Extra ways to clean up disk space in Windows Server
- Disk Cleanup in Windows Server
- Tunnel RDP through SSH & PuTTY
- WsusPool keeps crashing: stops again and again
- HTTP to HTTPS redirect using IIS web.config
- Fatal error: Uncaught Error:  operator not supported for strings – PHP 7.1
- MySQL InnoDB performance improvement: InnoDB buffer pool instances – Updated!
- "The length of the URL for this request exceeds the configured maxUrlLength value"
- Fix "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" error
- How to install IIS URL Rewrite Module on Windows Server 2016 & IIS 10
- Set IIS Application Pool recycle defaults to Specific Times, not Regular Time Interval